Our residential area is South of the 101 Freeway, West of the 405 Freeway, East of Hayvenhurst and North of Ventura.  (Our middle school area also includes a few streets South of Ventura) If you are not sure of your resident status, please go to the “Find a School” tab at LAUSD.NET

If you live outside the Hesby Oaks residential boundaries you may be able to attend Hesby on a permit.  We are able to issue permits based on available space within each grade level.  We do not offer Child Care permits.

Lottery applications will be available in our office starting April 1st.  The deadline for submitting applications is April 30th.  We will have a lottery the first week of May.  All applicants not selected will be placed on a waiting list.

Thank you for your interest in Hesby Oaks Leadership Charter.



Enrollment Procedures - Elementary School

If you live within the Hesby residential area, you may register your child for the current school year at any time. Registration for the up-coming school year begins in April.


If you do not live within the Hesby area, there may not be openings for your child.

If you do not know if you are a resident, you may go to "School Finder" at LAUSD.NET or you may call the school office.

Registration packets may be picked up in the school office. We suggest you take the packet home and return the completed packet along with the additional documentation.

In addition to the registration packet, you must bring the following:

  • If you are currently attending an LAUSD school, please obtain a P.A.R. from your school of attendance. This report will show the immunizations and birth certificate verification so you will not need to provide those. Bring the PAR with you.
  • Bring your child.
  • D.W.P or Gas bill and Picture I.D. to verify address (Phone bill not accepted)
  • Immunization record (immunizations must be complete)
  • Birth Certificate (original)

Kindergarten and 1st Grade

California law requires all 1st graders to have a physical. The physical must be done within 18 months prior to 1st grade entry. An orange card, which must be filled out by a physician, is included in the K and 1st grade registration packet.

Incomplete packets will not be accepted.

We encourage you to complete registration before the end of June.

Middle School Registration

If you do not live within the Hesby area, there may be openings for your child. We will most likely have openings in 4th - 8th grade. School of Choice Permit applications are accepted in April. Applications are chosen by lottery (see above).

If you are interested in transferring to our Middle School mid-year, please contact the office at 818-528-7000.